Regional Resources for Those Impacted by the Gray Fire

Re*Imagine Medical Lake is working to collect all of the regional resources to help those impacted with the Gray Fire. Below is a detailed list of resources.

Regional Resources

The following list of resources was compiled by Spokane County. 

Disaster Assistance CenterSpokane County

American Red Cross
, Greater Inland Northwest Chapter – (509) 326-3330

315 W. Nora Avenue, Spokane

  • Red Cross Shelters:
    • Spokane Falls Community College – 3410 Whistalks Way, Spokane
    • Riverside High School – 4120 E. Deer Park Milan Road, Chattaroy  
    • Everyone who needs to leave your home due to a disaster or emergency is welcome at a Red Cross and all disaster assistance is free.
    • Services available include but are not limited to:
      • A safe place to sleep.
      • Meals, snacks, and water.
      • Health services such as first aid or refilling lost prescriptions or lost eyeglasses.
      • Other health services.
      • Information about disaster-related resources in the community.
  • For Disaster Relief and Recovery – 1-800-RED-CROSS (1-800-733-2767)
  • To donate or volunteer:


Spokane County Emergency Management(509) 477-3046

  • Fire evacuation maps are available on Spokane EM’s Facebook page:

Spokane County Sheriff’s Office – EMERGENCY, 911 – Non-Emergency: (509) 477-2240


Spokane County Commissioners – (509) 477-2265


Spokane County Assessor’s Office(509) 477-3698

  • Taxpayer’s Claim for Reduction of Assessments resulting from Destroyed Real or Personal Property or loss of Value in a Declared Disaster Area.  

Spokane County Fair and Expo Center (509) 477-1766

404 N. Havana Street, Spokane Valley

  • For livestock and large animals (no wildlife will be accepted)
  • Go to the Red Gate on Broadway Avenue (eastern end of the Fairgrounds)
  • Staffed by volunteers from HEART Spokane

Spokane County Fire Districts: EMERGENCY, 911


Spokane County Regional Animal Protection Service (SCRAPS)

Business: (509) 477-2532, Emergency Phone – (509) 477-2533

6815 E. Trent, Spokane Valley

Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: Noon to 7:00 p.m.

Thursday and Sunday – Closed

Saturday – 11:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

For assistance evacuating animals from an evacuation zone, dial 911 to be connected to SLEET (Spokane County Livestock Emergency Evacuation Team)


Other volunteer opportunities:

Vitalant Blood Donation-Spokane(877) 258-4825

210 W. Cataldo Avenue, Spokane – Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

To donate blood

City of Spokane Safe Air Centers

Air Quality Information

City of Cheney Alerts


Washington State Legislature – (Locate your State Legislator for assistance with state agencies)


Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR) / Wildland Fire Management Division – (360) 902-1300


WA State Transportation Real-Time Travel Map


Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner (800) 562-6900

For consumers with questions or concerns about insurance coverage


InciWeb – Federal Fire Tracking Website

U.S. Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers – (509) 353-2374

U.S. Senator Patty Murray(509) 624-9515

U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell(509) 353-2507

Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)(800) 621-3362

Federal Housing and Urban Development(800) 304-9320 

Small Business Administration – (800) 659-2955

United States Department of Agriculture

USDA Farm Service Agency – Commercial Agricultural Producers ONLY!

Spokane County                   
Ryan Leners, Exec.
(509) 381-6719 

  • FSA offers several assistance programs to qualified agricultural producers who have losses due to wildfire:
    • Emergency Assistance to Livestock, Honeybees and Farm Raised Fish (ELAP).  This program covers additional feed purchases, water hauling, and additional grazing.  This is for replacement items.  It also allows for the assistance to go both directions.  Take the feed and water to the animal or take the animal to new feed and water locations.
    • Livestock Forage Program (LFP).  This program covers grazing losses.  This is for immediate items. This program does not need to be a part of the disaster, wildfire or any declaration.
    • Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP).  This program covers livestock losses in excess of normal mortality.  This program does not need to be a part of the disaster, wildfire or any declaration.
  • Items available but require national approval for funding:
    • Emergency Conservation Program (ECP).  This covers items such as lost fencing.
    • Emergency Haying and Grazing of CRP.  This would be allowed once the county reaches a D2 drought designation, or if the county has at least a 40% loss in forage production from a qualifying event, such as wildfire. 

Interested in getting involved?

Our team is a group of Medical Lake citizens and volunteers that are passionate about seeing healthy growth and engagement in our community. If you’re interested in getting involved we have a wide variety of opportunities available. 


Get Alerts & Reminders About Future Events

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Scroll to Top