SPECIAL MILFOIL MEETING!
Thursday, May 31st at 6pm at 708 E. Lake Street
Our next R*IML Lakes Committee meeting will be combined with an informational meeting on this year’s milfoil treatment plans for Silver Lake. Because of an expected larger than normal meeting attendance, we are switching the meeting date and location to the St. Ann church parish hall at 708 E. Lake Street at 6:00 PM on Thursday, May 31st. Please pass this information on to your lakefront friends and neighbors as this will be the only meeting covering the milfoil treatment prior to the application sometime in mid-to-late June. Mr. David Kluttz, the licensed treatment applicator from Lakeland Resources in Priest River, ID, will be present to discuss treatment results from 2017. 2018 planning, application costs, and new protocol for getting on the treatment list.
Please pass this meeting information on to your lakefront friends and neighbors.
PURPOSE / GOALS / OBJECTIVES
Purpose: To enhance the quality of life in the Medical Lake area through actively working on the sustainability, cleanliness, and opportunities for enjoyment of our local lakes.
Ultimate Goal: To provide the residents of Medical Lake with a prosperous community where ample opportunities exist to work, shop, play, have fun and strengthen families.
1. Provide consistent resources and information on the health and water quality of our lakes.
2. Reach out, engage the community and create a culture of protecting and enjoying our lakes.
3. Develop supportive collaboration with area agencies and organizations.
4. Work closely with the City, non-profits, organizations and churches:
a. To facilitate the ongoing effort to monitor and clean our lakes.
b. To help develop activities and events at our lakes that will foster an influx of resident and non-resident participation.
5. Work closely with the City, County and State to establish a framework for long term sustainability of the lakes.
Questions? Email email@example.com